Monday, April 7, 2008

Personal Statement

I am looking for a job in the financial field. As many opportunities exist, from bookkeeping to statistical analysis. It is an ever changing area, which provides many opportunities and exciting challenges. I learned about it through an accounting class and from my family.

I have worked as a cashier for a local business and also for my families business. My career goals are to go to college and get my degree in accounting and to find a stable job, where I can use this degree. I have many skills that will help me in this field, such as, to want to learn and apply it to my everyday life. I also am good with people and I am a good listener. I have gained these skills from training and working at my previous jobs.

The personal characteristics I posses are compassion and persistence. I think I got compassion from being around people a lot. Persistence comes from wanting to get things right and to get them done. My major responsibilities have come from my previous job and from trying to do things for myself and others. I think I should be chosen for the job, because I show a lot of potential and I have experience in this field and can rise above the others.

1 comment:

Pa said...

The overall was pretty good. I give a 4 out of 5. I like how you have a clear theme. The only advice I have is that you should have more detail or example.